Sunday, February 27, 2011

Yuma Park and Swap

Today Thelma and I went to the Yuma Park and Swap Market. I have been wanting to go as last year I got some of the Fisher Price Little People there and I was hoping to get a few more. I did a get a couple, but not what I was really looking for. Disappointment :-(. However, we did find a few others things and had a great time. Sunday's are very busy days there, so it was quite exciting. This was a great produce stand. We got avocados, green and red peppers, and tomatoes. Thelma also got a fruit that we were not familiar with. She likes to try different things. Ah, she also got one of the little watermelons.
This is a sample of one of the booths. What you see laying on the tables are socks. People buy them by the bag full. I think I figured out why there are so many at the the markets and why people buy so many. This year I have really noticed our socks getting terribly dirty. I have tried soaking them in bleach and I still can't get them clean. We don't wear our shoes in the house, or even walk around in our socks. We have decided it is just all the dust that gets in our shoes. Soooo, looks like I will be buying new socks for us to wear when we get home.