Saturday, April 9, 2011

Birthdays

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY AMBER AND JENNIFER Amber's birthday is really February 8th and Jennifer's is February 11th, but we were in Arizona at that time. So, we are celebrating them today. Amber invited us over for dinner, which I told her really wasn't fair as she was cooking her own birthday dinner. She was fine with that and made an amazing meal. I wish I had taken pictures of it as she did such a great job. I usually do take food pictures, but I think I was so distracted by all the little details that I forgot all about it. We had delicious hors doeuvres with these cute little toasts, humus and 3 types of cheese. Next came the salad, where she had a nice bowl of greens and then dish after dish after dish of salad toppings to add to our salads. It was very colorful and fun to create our own salads. Amber is good about using her cookbooks and the main course was a recipe from one of her favorites. It contained rigatoni, sausage, capers, tomatoes and a special sauce. Yummy! I am so proud of my girls and what they can do.