Saturday, March 3, 2012

Finishing Up Old Projects

 I have been trying to get some old projects finished. You know how they can start piling up. There are always new and exciting new ideas coming out - don't dare look at Pinterest - but I need to get some of the old ones finished so I can clear off the counters in my hobby room. These are 2 of the quilts I have been working on and decided I  just needed to get finished. The pink one is from the 2009 Shop Hop. OK, so it only took me 3 years to finish it. Well, not really. I had most of the blocks done as I took a Shop Hop class where we worked on them. When the class was over I unfortunately put it away and went to work on other projects. There it stayed for a long time. The green quilt is actually from the first Shop Hop I ever went to in 2004. Yes, way back in 2004. Again, I got the blocks done and then let it sit. It's the finishing quilting that gets to me. I have quilted some, but if they get to big it is just to hard to  do on my little machine. Sooooo, I finally said I can't keep putting this off and took them to someone else and let them do the quilting. So much easier for me.