Friday, February 19, 2010

Craft Sale

They were having a craft sale in the park and the ladies wanted me to bring some things to sell. Well, since I didn't know about it until we got here, I had nothing to sell. I had some yarn left so decided to make a few more Quail potholders. I brought some yarn with me and also many of my patterns, so I got busy. The ladies at the desert campground loved the bassinet/purse and so I decided to make a few of those. Linda got my pattern and has made them for everyone in their desert camp as well as many to take home. She has been a busy lady. Of course I had my hat patterns, so got busy and made a few of those. I'm working on a bassinet/purse in this picture. I found the perfect size babies at WalMart. Here's the Quail Potholders again. I only sold one. I gave one to our neighbor as she really thought they were cute. I only sold 1 of the Bassinet/Purses. One lady remembered them being called a Church Purse as the little girls could take them to church as they were a quiet toy to play with during the service.
Here are my hats again and I didn't sell any. Look at the price, $10.00. I sold them for $20.00 at home and they were really good sellers. However, these are retired people and not the Fairhaven shoppers. There really weren't many people at the sale and I didn't see anyone buying anything either. I thought the bassinet/purse would be a good seller for the Grandmas to bring home for the granddaughters, but I was wrong on that one. The lady next to me didn't sell anything and I heard other people saying the same thing. At least I made enough to pay for the yarn I bought.