Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Algodones, Mexico

This is a typical street in Algodones, Mexico. I can walk through OK, but I think the boys have to duck around the merchandise hanging from the ceiling. Sheral had been looking for a plate like the ones on the right. She found one she liked on this trip. They're very colorful! I had to stand by this pinata so you could see how big it is. They make them BIG down here.
Our main reason for this trip was a visit to the dentist. We were a little unsure about this, but went with our friends who have been going to this dentist for many years. Ron knew that he needed a crown, so went in to have the dentist look at it. I broke a tooth the other night while eating an ice cream cone of all things. I called my dentist at home and they said I should have it looked at and not wait until I got home. Turns out the whole side of the tooth had broken off, so I also needed a crown.
Here I am waiting in Dentist Jerry's office. Turns out we had a group visit that day as Sheral had a tooth pulled with a new bridge put in, and Ron and I both got crowns. It turned out to be a good experience and only cost $210 instead of the $1200 it would have been at home. I just hope it lasts.