Friday, January 20, 2012

Interesting Weather

I wish now that I had listened more closely when Jeff Renner, our King 5 weatherman, was explaining what was happening with the weather. Below are 2 pictures. The one on the left was taken on January 18 during "The Big Snow". Everything is covered with snow. Now look at the picture on the right which was taken 2 days later when it was starting to warm up just a little. Notice the hill in the background has lost most of it's snow. Typically we see that hill covered with snow and no snow down at lake level. Jeff Renner was talking about the air above being warmer than the air at ground level and I think this is what caused the freezing rain  in some areas. This is where I should have been paying better attention, but how was I to know that the next day I would have such a good example of what he was talking about. Interesting weather for sure.