Friday, October 28, 2011

Geocaching

Jennifer and I decided to do a little Geocaching. I knew where several caches were located so we headed out so she could find those. Just a couple is all we were going to do.
 This is a cache that I could not find on my first outing. I finally brought help back and after looking and looking we finally found it. Jennie was having the same problem, so I had to give her the "Hot or Cold" signal. Here she is looking and looking and looking and...

 finally finding she was standing right on top of it. Some people are very clever about hiding their caches.
 You found it Jennie - sign in!
As we were looking for our initial caches we saw on our phones that there were several others near by. When I say several I mean several! Someone had gone to a lot of work to make a special adventure for us. There is a wonderful blacktop trail that runs from the park all the way onto town. The Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center in located on this trail. This is a historical cache that takes you along the trail. It's starts somewhere near town and follows the trail to Hells Gate State Park. We didn't do the whole trail. We have to leave something for the next time we are there. I think we started on about 17 and there are a total of 24.

As we  followed the trail and found the caches we came across bits and pieces of information about Lewis and Clark.
This is the last cache we found. There are a few in the park that we did not find and that's OK. Remember, it gives us something to look forward to on our next visit.