Saturday, October 1, 2011

Refinishing

I found this cradle at the Goodwill for $7.99. It was in good structural shape, but the finish was pretty dried out. Unfortunately the before picture would not open once I got it on the computer. So, you'll just have to take my word for it. I used an amazing product called Howard's Restore a Finish. This is the same product we used on the cabinets in Amber and Jerad's house before they moved in. It has made "Old" look like "New" on everything I have tried.
 Sooooo, as long as I had it out I decided to try a little on the chairs in our dining room. This is the set my mom and dad had when I was growing up. Most of the finish is in good shape, but the back of the chairs where getting kind of gummy and the legs were pretty beat up just from day to day wear. Here's a before chair leg...
 .
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

and here is the after! Ta Da - it looks like new doesn't it?
 Here's another photo so you can see that I just didn't luck out with one try.
                   Before...                                                                       After