Sunday, October 24, 2010

Geocaching

I had walked by this cache and never knew it was there. For some reason it didn't show up on my phone the first few times I was checking for "caches near by". It was called "Reading the River Too!" I'm telling you, these cachers are very clever. It was a reading cache and the person who put it here is an avid reader. You can leave a book and take another to read. They also said to just take a book as they read so much that they will always be adding new books. However, there were only 3 books in the container the day I found it and I really didn't want any of them. But, it was a fun idea! It's always fun to do a little geocaching while we are out and about. This one I found buried in the leaves between a couple trees. There is a cache here, but I'm not going to tell you where. I don't want to spoil the fun for others who might be looking. The idea is to hide them so they are not obvious. Geocachers don't want muggles (non geocachers) to find them.

I looked quite awhile for this cache and just couldn't find it. I had a feeling it was a fake rock, but also thought that it would be fairly large as stuff was hidden in it. I turned over every BIG rock I could find. Still no luck. So, I decided to go again and take some extra eyes along with me. Ron, David and Amy were good sports and joined in the hunt. I gave them some clues and off we went. Again, we looked and looked and weren't having much luck. Amy finally turned over this LITTLE rock and surprise, there was the find! See the larger rock to the right? I turned that one over, but ignored the smaller one you see in my hand. When we lifted up the small rock there was a container buried in the ground that contained the cache. What a tough find this was!